HESC Launches Redesigned Website
HESC is pleased to unveil a redesigned, highly interactive and robust HESC.ny.gov.
HESC’s website is now more than ever the go-to place for New York State students and families seeking information about and assistance in applying for student financial aid.Features of the new website include:
- Interactive tools
- College Finance Advisor – students create a personalized college finance plan or repayment plan based on their individual information and situation
- Financial Aid Award Package Comparison Tool – helps students evaluate their financial aid packages and determine the bottom line costs
- Online Chat available weekdays so students and families can interact in real-time with staff trained to answer questions about financing higher education and repayment issues
- Simplified and responsive design, re-sized for computers, tablets, and smart phones to accommodate the increasing use of mobile devices.
- An expanded “Preparing for College” section that includes:
- Extensive checklists for each year of high school
- Resources for exploring interests, majors and careers
- Assistance with finding the college that fits
- A step-by-step guide through the college application process
You’ll find the information and support for you to help your students prepare for and choose the right college, and apply for student financial aid, in the Partner Access portal.
Please visit the new HESC.ny.gov and share its important information with your students and families.