HESC is New York State’s student financial aid agency and a national leader in providing need based grant and scholarship award money to college-going students. At HESC’s core are programs like the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP), numerous state scholarships, federal college access grants and a highly successful College Savings program. HESC puts college within the reach of hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers each year through programs like these and through the guidance it provides to students, families and counselors.
In 2014-15, HESC helped more than 385,000 students achieve their college dreams by providing more than $1.02 billion in grants, scholarships and loan forgiveness benefits, including $975 million awarded through the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).
The latest information about what's happening at HESC.
An electronic library of articles and podcasts on a variety of college planning and financial literacy topics. The materials are free and may be used when reaching out to middle school, high school, college, and college-bound students and their families.
- 2015 - 2016 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2014 - 2015 Annual Report (PDF) and 2014 - 2015 Financial Statement(PDF)
- 2013 - 2014 Annual Report (PDF) and 2013 - 2014 Financial Statement (PDF)
- 2012 - 2013 Annual Report (PDF) and 2012 - 2013 Financial Statement (PDF)
- 2011 - 2012 Annual Report (PDF) and 2011 - 2012 Financial Statement (PDF)
- 2010 - 2011 Annual Report (PDF) and 2010 - 2011 Financial Statement (PDF)
Members of the press should contact:
HESC Public Affairs Office
99 Washington Ave., Room 1315
Albany, NY 12255