December Payments

Dear Colleague,

HESC is in the process of paying 80 percent of December's certified awards for the 2019-20 and 2020-21 academic years. At this time, the remaining 20 percent of payments for affected academic years will remain temporarily withheld. HESC Accounting Documents for December are now available in the Reports section of HESCWeb Transaction Processing by clicking on the Details link next to Form Ids PAYDOCS or PAYDOCSI. Schools began receiving payments last week.

Consistent with prior guidance, the 20 percent temporarily withheld are not cuts to student awards, but rather a change in the payment schedule made to schools. Consequently, student awards are NOT to be reduced and schools should defer such students' tuition for the entire amount of a student's award.

Please ensure that your school's financial aid representatives are communicating this appropriately to impacted students.

Please direct any questions to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thank you for your continued partnership.

The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation