2021-22 College Data Survey is Available on HESCWeb
The 2021-22 College Data Survey is now available on the Web. The survey is used to collect your school's information for New York State grant and scholarship programs; including the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). The information must be provided by May 31, 2021 and will be used to determine actual awards.
Access the College Data Survey
TAP Certifying Officers should click on Secure Transaction Processing and log on to Grants and Scholarships. Then click on the College tab and select either View/Update College Data or List College Codes by Federal Code.
TAP Certifying Officer Requirements
TAP Certifying Officers must view the data displayed on the survey and update the information as needed. This survey may only be updated by TAP Certifying Officers.
Only those with Web update authorization will be given access to make changes to the survey pages. Other authorized staff will have the ability to view the data within the pages but will not be able to update information.
Updating Term Information
Term Tuition and Start/End Dates
This information is required for calculating awards and processing payments. It is important that this information be provided accurately by May 31, 2021, as it is crucial to award determinations and payments. Incorrect tuition or dates could affect award calculations and payments to your institution.
- If awards for accelerated summer study are available, report tuition charged for "half-time" attendance.
- Schools set up on a semester basis must have terms that are at least 15 weeks in duration; Schools set up on a trimester/quarter basis must have terms that are at least 10 weeks in duration.
- Failure to meet these requirements may affect a school's eligibility for NYS financial aid. Questions regarding term length should be directed to the New York State Education Department's Office of College and University Evaluation at (518) 474-1551.
Mandatory Fees, Room & Board Allowance and Cost of Attendance
This information is used to calculate or estimate scholarship awards that are not based upon tuition. Enter the appropriate information as follows:
- Mandatory Fees - Average fees charged to all students.
- Room and Board Allowance - Average cost of room and board charged by the college for a typical student. (If no student housing, leave blank.)
- Cost of Attendance - Use Title IV cost of attendance.
- Term Add/Drop Dates- This is required for the APTS Program. As with term start dates, the accuracy of this data is crucial to APTS processing.
Registered Business Schools
The total program tuition at registered business schools must be prorated by term. For example, if the total program tuition is $6,000 and it takes four terms to complete the program, the term tuition is $1,500 ($6,000 divided by four).
Registered business schools must submit a copy of their enrollment agreements for all TAP-eligible programs and a document listing all start and end dates for terms with multiple start dates.
The enrollment agreements must indicate the term length or term structure. Total program tuition and term tuition should also be stated on the enrollment agreements.
College Survey Deadline and Post Deadline Updates
Update Your School's Contact Information
Important: Please remember to notify HESC when staff are no longer authorized to access your college or student data on HESCWeb.