Please read the important updates below from HESC:
- NYS Scholarship for Academic Excellence (SAE)- This week HESC received the new 2020-21 SAE recipients list from the State Education Department. These students will be included in the next Student Status listing (SSL). Schools have been receiving SAE repeat recipients during the fall term.
- Aid to Part Time Study (APTS) for academic year 2020-21- In the upcoming weeks, schools will have the ability to participate in the APTS program for the 2020-21 academic year. HESC is in the process of updating our current agreement and student application. You will be notified once the updated documents are available.
- Processing for students applying through the Dream Act portal- Information regarding students who applied for NYS Financial Aid for 2020 through the DREAM Act portal are now displayed on the HESC system. Beginning on the February 2021 roster, all students eligible to be certified will be included for certification.
2019 student awardees will continue to be sent on the Consolidated Roster for processing.
- Student Status Listing layout changes- Effective January 29, 2021, HESC will be adjusting the record layout for the SSL. Fields changing on the new layout include Source Doc and App Stat fields. A revised record layout can be found on the HESC website.
- The values for Source Doc have changed so that instead of the actual application source, new values of 1 - Application Available and 2 - Application Submitted will be sent.
- Values for academic years no longer being sent have been removed.
- New value for App Stat field new value of 'Z' = TAP approved; Roster pending Scholarship approval.
The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation