Your studies should always come first, but colleges also look at your extracurricular activities. Participation in sports, clubs, or volunteer organizations can help you develop your talents and demonstrate your willingness to be actively involved in your community.
Here are some things you can do:
- Join school clubs, groups or organizations.
- Join after school and summer programs.
- Participate in sports through your school or your community.
- Be active in the community, whether it is at a community center, your church, or a senior citizen center.
- Consider an internship.
- Look for opportunities to make the most of your summer vacations.