The DocTrac process provides an easy way for college financial administrators to confirm a document's receipt by HESC, streamline document handling, and track the progress of document porcessing.
Financial aid officials may use DocTrac to follow documents that maintain, update and correct information in a student's grant or TAP file.
Documents that may be submitted and tracked through DocTrac include:
- TAP residency documentation
- financial independence documentation
- proof of dependency
- federal and state income tax forms
- additional time sensitive information
Note: TAP applications may not be processed using the DocTrac system. At www.tap.hesc.gov students can submit TAP applications and also find instructions on processing TAP applications.
How to Use DocTrac
DocTrac document submission and response process is straigtforward:
- Download and complete the DocTrac cover sheet.
- Include your school name, a contact person’s e-mail address and phone number, the student's name and Social Security number, and the reason for submitting the documents to HESC
- For quick and efficient processing, please provide all information requested
- Send the completed cover sheet, with the supporting documentation, to HESC via e-mail address or fax:
- DocTrac Fax: (518) 473-1414
- HESC will issue a return reply when documents are received.
Document Follow Up
Follow up on DocTrac submissions by calling HESC’s Customer Communications Center toll free at 1-866-431-4372 (for financial aid officer use only).
For more specific information on the DocTrac service, contact the Customer Communications Center at 1-866-431-4372.