The DocTrac process provides an easy way for college financial administrators to confirm a document's receipt by HESC, streamline document handling, and track the progress of document porcessing.
Financial aid officials may use DocTrac to follow documents that maintain, update and correct information in a student's grant or TAP file.
Documents that may be submitted and tracked through DocTrac include:
- TAP residency documentation
- financial independence documentation
- proof of dependency
- federal and state income tax forms
- additional time sensitive information
Note: TAP applications may not be processed using the DocTrac system. At tap.hesc.ny.gov/totw/ students can submit TAP applications and also find instructions on processing TAP applications.
How to Use DocTrac
DocTrac document submission and response process is straightforward:
- Download and complete the DocTrac cover sheet.
- Include your school name, a contact person’s e-mail address and phone number, the student's name and Social Security number or student ID, and the reason for submitting the documents to HESC
- For quick and efficient processing, please provide all information requested
- Send the completed cover sheet, with the supporting documentation, to HESC via e-mail address or fax:
- DocTrac Fax: (518) 473-1414
- HESC will issue a return reply when documents are received.