Foreign Credentials

Search for glossary terms (regular expression allowed)
Begin with Contains Exact termSounds like
Term Definition
Foreign Credentials
Legislation pertaining to eligibility for State student financial assistance was enacted in 2006 that affects students first receiving awards in academic year 2006-2007 and thereafter. According to amended section 661(4) of Education Law, an applicant for a State award must have a certificate of graduation from a high school in the United States or the equivalent of such certificate. Therefore, high school credentials from foreign countries are no longer acceptable. Students who completed their secondary education in another country must take an approved ability-to-benefit test to be eligible.

See also...
Ability to Benefit
High School Diploma
High School Equivalecy Diploma

/* Smartling Language Switcher code */