NYS Part-time Scholarship (PTS) Award Program FAQs
- Can I attend any college part-time?
- No. The PTS Award Program provides scholarship awards to students who attend a SUNY or CUNY community college on a part-time basis.
- Do I need to enroll in a minimum number of credits to be eligible?
- An applicant must enroll in at least six but less than 12 credits per semester.
- Do I need to maintain a certain grade point average?
- Yes. An applicant must have and maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
- How much can I receive from the PTS Award Program?
- You can receive up to $1,500 per term through the PTS Award Program.
- Can I get the award if I’m currently attending college?
- Yes. Current students are eligible to receive awards.
- Can I receive this award if I’m receiving a Part-time TAP award or Aid for Part-time Study?
- Yes. You are eligible for this award even if you are receiving a Part-time TAP award or Aid for Part-time Study.
- How long can I get the award?
- You are eligible to get an award for up to four consecutive semesters.