New York State Programs
is a New York State program designed to recruit and retain members for the State Military Forces (Army and Air National Guard, and Naval Militia). This competitive program will pay the cost of tuition up to a maximum of $4,350 per calendar year for eligible qualified applicants.
You must apply for all federal and state financial aid, including the New York Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).[Link to: Apply for Federal and State Aid]
To apply for the RIPP, you must:
- Obtain a Letter of Acceptance from the college or university that they wish to attend;
- Complete the FAFSA and apply for TAP and any other Financial Aid;
- Complete the RIRP application in accordance with DMNA Regulation 621-1;
- Complete and file the Memorandum of Understanding. in accordance with DMNA Reg 621-1;
- Submit the RIRP application to their military unit full-time representative or appropriate Education Service Representative.
ARNG Soldiers must complete the electronic application at the GoArmyEd website: https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/535774
The New York Army National Guard receives approximately 2 million dollars in Army National Guard (ARNG) Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) each year to help NYARNG Soldiers pursue their civilian education goals. ARNG FTA can be applied to a course or program taken at a regionally or nationally accredited, public or private, college, university, vocational, technical or trade school located inside or outside of New York. The FTA covers tuition and fees for eligible soldiers and benefits may be combined with the Montgomery GI Bill.
The NY ARNG offers Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) programs for current soldiers and civilians (civilians may apply, but must join the NY ARNG).