/* Smartling Language Switcher code */
Questions to Ask Your Counselor
20 questions for your high school counselor
- What classes do I need to take to meet graduation requirements?
- What classes should I take to be ready for college?
- How should I plan my schedule to fit all these classes in?
- What electives should I take?
- What AP courses or honor classes are available? Which would you recommend I take?
- Which standardized tests should I take and when should I take them?
- How should I study for the standardized tests - the SAT and the ACT? Is there any help offered at the school?
- What activities should I participate in during the school year and during the summer to prepare for college? How can I build my resume?
- What are my grades? How am I doing? Ask to see your transcript.
- If you need academic help, ask how to best get additional help at school, or a referral for tutoring services.
- Do you have college handbooks or materials I can review?
- Can you help me develop a list of colleges to research based on my interests and the type of college I want to attend?
- Do you have a schedule of college fairs that I should attend?
- Do you have any information to help me start exploring careers and majors?
- Do you have a list of scholarships and awards that I can work towards and apply for?
- What are the application requirements for the colleges I'm interested in?
- Can you help me with financial aid forms? If not, where can I get help?
- Do you write letters of recommendation?
- Does the school offer any financial aid nights or college workshops?
- What else can I be doing right now to prepare for college?