Pay Your Defaulted FFEL Loan
HESC makes repayment of your defaulted FFEL loan a fast, simple process. You can choose to have loan payments automatically deducted from your checking account through SMARTCHECK/SMARTPAY, or you can make credit card payments online.
By paying your defaulted loan in full, you’ll receive these benefits:
- National credit bureaus will be updated to show your defaulted loan as paid in full.
- You regain federal student financial aid eligibility.
- Your IRS tax refund will not be seized.
- You’ll realize interest cost savings.
- You may realize collection costs savings.
You can have payments on your defaulted FFEL loan automatically deducted from your checking account through SMARTCHECK/SMARTPAY. Repaying your loan with SMARTCHECK/SMARTPAY is fast, convenient and free:
- No checks to write — with your permission, HESC deducts your monthly payment from your checking account.
- Avoid late charges and additional fees.
- Your payments will always be on time.
PO Box 645189
Cincinnati, OH 45264-5189