Pay Your Defaulted FFEL Loan
HESC makes repaying your student loan a fast, simple process by offering two payment options. You can choose to pay online by credit card, or you can make your payment by check.
By paying your defaulted loan in full, you’ll receive these benefits:
- National credit bureaus will be updated to show your defaulted loan as paid in full.
- You regain federal student financial aid eligibility.
- Your IRS tax refund will not be seized.
- You’ll realize interest cost savings.
- You may realize collection costs savings.
Borrowers can make checks payable to NYS HESC and mail to the following address:
Attn: Cashiers Unit
99 Washington Ave.
Albany, NY 12255
To ensure proper processing of your payment, please include your name, last four of your social security number or your PID on your check.