Your Freshman Year
- September - November
- Meet with your counselor to discuss your classes for this year. Review your schedule and make sure you are taking the right classes to be on track to get in to college.
- Consider taking honor classes.
- Get involved with extracurricular activities.
- Start saving for college. Every little bit helps!
- December - February
- Start talking with friends and family about college, and what it's like.
- Start looking at college websites to start learning about colleges!
- March - May
- Start thinking about courses for next year and meet with your counselor to plan next year's schedule.
- Think about what you'll do this summer. Consider an internship, job or volunteer position.
- June - August
- Make time to visit colleges near you to get a feel for them.
- Read books, newspapers, journals, magazines, blogs, anything that appeals to you.