What You Need to Know about TAP Deadlines
Although the 2019-20 academic year is almost over, did you know that it’s still not too late to apply for TAP for 2019-20? If applying for TAP for 2019-20 slipped your mind, don’t worry, you still have time. Students interested in applying for TAP for the 2019-20 academic school year have until June 30, 2020 to apply.
Don’t forget your FAFSA! Remember, to get TAP, you must have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (students eligible for NYS awards under the NYS DREAM Act, complete the DREAM Act application in lieu of the FAFSA). If you haven’t filed your 2019-20 FAFSA yet, start here and then follow the link to the NYS Student Aid Payment application. If you have filed the 2019-20 FAFSA, go here to complete your application for TAP.
The applications for FAFSA and TAP for the 2020-21 academic year are also now available. The earlier you apply the better! If you haven’t filed your 2020-21 FAFSA yet, start here and then follow the link to the NYS Student Aid Payment application. If you have filed your FAFSA, but not TAP for 2020-21, go here.
Prevent Award Errors or Delays: Check Your HESC Account
If you have submitted your Student Aid Payment Application for TAP, HESC recommends that you log into your HESC Student Account to verify your information and see the status of your award. Follow these steps:
- Select “review My NYS financial aid information”
- Sign in and confirm your contact information.
- Scroll down to select Continue’ to get to the financial aid award page.
- Click on the “details” under the award listings for your latest status.
Things to check in your account include:
- Have your parents signed the FAFSA, if required?
- Are there any outstanding documents you need to provide?
- Is the school code correct for my college?