Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodation
The State of New York is committed to assuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities or pregnancy-related conditions.
It is the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation’s (HESC) policy to provide reasonable accommodations in all of its programs and services. This policy is based on the federal Americans with Disabilities Act, Title II and all applicable federal regulations thereunder.
HESC strives to provide:
- Physical accessibility at government facilities, programs and events;
- Policies, procedures, and accommodations to ensure that all people can partake in, and benefit from, HESC programs and services; and
- Necessary auxiliary aids and services to ensure effective communication to all people.
To review the Policy in its entirety, please follow this link HESC Reasonable Accommodation in Programs and Services for Individuals with Disabilities or Pregnancy-Related Conditions.
Note: This Policy and the procedures established to implement this Policy cannot be used to appeal or question a decision about a HESC grant or scholarship award. For questions about a HESC grant or scholarship, please contact HESC at the number listed for the specific grant or scholarship on HESC’s website, https://www.hesc.ny.gov/contact-hesc.
HESC’s Designee for Reasonable Accommodation (DRA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator is:
- Gregory Driscoll
- Bureau of Human Resources Management
- NYS Higher Education Services Corporation
- 99 Washington Avenue
- Albany, NY 12255
Notice Under the Americans With Disabilities Act
Americans with Disabilities Act Complaint Form
Grievance Procedure Under the Americans with Disabilities Act for Programs and Services
Grievance Procedure Under the Americans with Disabilities Act for Hiring or Employment Practices
HESC Web Accessibility Policy