- About College Fairs
- College Fair Calendar
- College Fair Visit Tips
At the fair, you'll find out about academic programs, campus activities, financial aid, and admissions requirements and have the opportunity to talk briefly with college representatives.
- Make a point to talk with the college representatives – they want to engage with you and answer your questions.
- Take notes.
- Sign up to be on the mailing lists at colleges that interest you.
- Pick up brochures from colleges that interest you and take them home to review.
- Attend information sessions, if available.
Be sure to go to the fair prepared to maximize your time. Bring paper and pen to take notes, and a list of questions.
Some questions you may want to ask:
- What are the college's strengths?
- What kind of extra academic help is available?
- If you are the first in your family to go to college: do you have any programs for students who are the first in their family to go to college?
- What majors are the most popular?
- What are the admissions requirements?
- What scholarships and financial aid are available?
- What qualities should prospective students have?
- When must I choose a major?
- What is the average student to teacher ratio?
- Is student housing guaranteed all four years?
- How are roommates selected?
- What programs are offered to help students adjust to college life?
- What other student services are offered (tutoring, career counseling, study groups)?
- Please estimate the percentage of grants, scholarships, loans and work-study awarded in your financial aid packages.
- How many freshmen return for their sophomore year?
If you’ve had an in-depth conversation with a college representative, stay in touch. Send a thank you for the time and information you received.
College Fairs give you the opportunity to speak to admissions representatives from many colleges. While you're there ask a representative about:
- Campus life
- Academic programs
- Financial aid
- Admissions requirements
Visit the HESC booth to get the latest financial aid information and answers to your questions.
Check with your school counselor or college advisor about a fair near you.
|2018 Schedule of College Fairs|
|Apr 10, 2018||Chenango County Spring College Day||10:45am-2pm||YMCA
68 North Broad Street
Norwich, NY 13815
|Apr 10, 2018||Assemblyman Dillan's College Fair||11am-3pm||Transit Technical High School
1 Well Street
Brooklyn, NY 11208
|Apr 11, 2018||Delaware County Counselors Association Spring 2018 College and Career Fair||9am-11am||
|Apr 11, 2018||CASDA College Fair - Colonie||6:30pm-8pm||South Colonie High School
1 Raider Blvd.
Albany, NY 12205
|Apr 14, 2018||Senate District 19 College Fair||12pm-3pm||South Shore Eduational Complex
6565 Flatlands Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11236
|Apr 16, 2018||CASDA College Fair -
|6:30pm-8pm||Saratoga Springs High School
1 Blue Streak Blvd.
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
|Apr 17, 2018||Nassau Counselors Association Long Island Spring College Expo||5:30pm-8:30pm||Hofstra University
Mack Sports & Exhibition Complex
1000 Fulton Avenue
Hempstead, NY 11549
|Apr 17, 2018||CASDA College Fair - Guilderland||6:30pm-8pm||Guilderland High School
8 School Road
Guilderland Center, NY 12085
|Apr 18, 2018||CASDA College Fair - Albany||10am-11:45am||Albany High School
700 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12203
|Apr 18, 2018||East End Counselors Association Spring College Fair||5pm-7:30pm||Westhampton Beach Country Club
49 Lilac Road
Westhampton Beach, NY 11978
|Apr 18, 2018||Oswego County Counselors Association College Fair||6:30pm-8:30pm|| SUNY Oswego
7060 SR 140
Oswego, NY 13126
|Apr 19, 2018||CASDA College Fair - Stillwater||9am-10:30am||Stillwater High School
1068 Hudson Avenue
Stillwater, NY 12170
|Apr 19, 2018||CASDA College Fair - Shenendehowa||6:30pm-8pm||Shenendehowa High School East
970 Rte 156
Clifton Park, NY 12540
|Apr 22, 2018||NACAC College Fair - NYC||11am-4pm||Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
655 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
|Apr 22, 2018||SUNY College Expo||1pm-3:30pm||Albany Capital Center
55 Eagle Street
Albany, NY 12207
|Apr 23, 2018||South Westchester College Fair||6:30pm-9pm||Westchester County Center
198 Central Avenue
White Plains, NY 10606
|Apr 23, 2018||Sachem Central School District College Fair||7pm-9pm||Sachem East High School
17 Granny Road
Farmingdale, NY 11738
|Apr 24, 2018||CASDA College Fair - Hudson||11:45am-1pm||Hudson High School
208 Harry Howard Ave
Hudson, NY 12534
|Apr 24, 2018||CASDA College Fair - Newburgh||6:30pm-8pm||Newburgh Free Academy
301 Robinson Avenue
Newburgh, NY 12550
|Apr 24, 2018||North Westchester College Fair||8am-1pm||P/NW BOCES Campus
200 BOCES Drive
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
|Apr 24, 2018||North Westchester College Fair||6pm-9pm||Fox Lane High School
632 S. Bedford Road
Bedford, NY 10506
|Apr 25, 2018||CASDA College Fair - Bethlehem||6:30pm-8pm||Bethlehem High School
700 Delaware Avenue
Delmar, NY 12054
|Apr 25, 2018||Orange County Counselors Association College Fair||6:30pm-8:30pm||Orange County Community College
115 South Street
Middletown, NY 10940
|Apr 25, 2018||Albert Tuitt Campus First Annual College Fair||8am-2:30pm||Albert Tuitt Campus
921 East 228th Street
Bronx, NY 10466
|Apr 26, 2018||
CASDA College Fair -
|11am-12:30pm||Albany Leadership Charter School
19 Hackett Blvd
Albany, NY 12208
|Apr 26, 2018||CASDA College Fair - Schenectady||6:30pm-8pm||Schenectady High School
1445 The Plaza
Schenectady, NY 12308
|May 2, 2018||CASDA College Fair - HVCC||9am-11:30am & 6pm-8pm||Hudson Valley Community College
Edward F. McDonough Recreation Center
80 Vandenburgh Avenue
Troy, NY 12180
|May 3, 2018||CASDA College Fair - Green Tech||11:30am-1pm||Green Tech High Charter School
321 Northern Blvd
Albany, NY 12202
|May 6, 2018||SUNY College Fair - Long Island||1pm-4pm||Suffolk County Community College
Michael J. Grant Campus
Health, Sports & Education Center
Crooked Hill Road
Brentwood, NY 11717
|May 17, 2018||NYSACAC College Fair - Bergen||9:30am-12:30pm||Byron Bergen High School
6917 West Bergen Road
Bergen, NY 14416
|May 20, 2018||SUNY College Fair - NYC||12:30pm-5pm||Armory Track & Field Center
216 Fort Washington Avenue
New York, NY 10032
|May 21, 2018||NYCA College Fair - Arlington||2:15pm-3:30pm & 5pm-6:30pm||Arlington High School
1157 Rte 55
Lagrangeville, NY 12540
|June 8, 2018||Aviations Career Explorations Day||8:30am-2pm||Norwich Airport
6390 State Highway12 Norwich, NY 13815
|Sept 18, 2018||CAO of Erie County 33rd Annual College Day||9:30am-1:30pm||Buffalo Riverworks
359 Ganson Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
|Oct 21, 2018||Big Apple College Fair||1pm-4pm||Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
655 West 34th Street, Hall 1C
New York, NY 10001
Planning ahead with these seven tips can help you make the most of your time at a college fair:
- Organize before you go. Review a list of the participating colleges, usually available online or at your high school guidance office. Choose those in which you are especially interested. Make another list of secondary colleges to check out if you have time.
- Prepare your questions ahead of time. Review the colleges’ websites and prepare questions you would like to ask. College fairs are fairly crowded and you may not have time to get all of your questions answered, so choose questions not easily found on the schools’ websites.
- Print address labels to bring with you. Save time filling out college interest cards and pre-print labels with your name, address, email address, your high school, when you expect to start college and the major(s) that interest you. Some high school guidance offices provide personal bar codes with this information – check with your school.
- Strategize. When you arrive, pick up a map, if available, so you know the layout of colleges. Some college fairs don't provide a map but organize colleges alphabetically. Target the colleges you want to visit so you don’t waste time backtracking. Bags are often available at the door for collecting brochures.
- Try to arrive early. Early arrival allows you to move at a more leisurely pace. Also, the later you arrive, the more crowded it gets and the less likely the college reps will have as much time to spend with you.
- Review carefully. After the fair, review each college’s materials carefully. If there’s something you really like about the school, highlight it and put a sticky note on the page so you can find it later. If you have a question about something you read, write it down and put it on the top of the pile. If you can’t find the answer in the brochures, check out their website. If you still have questions, send an email to the admissions representative to get more information.
- Stay organized. Once you’ve reviewed everything, create a file for each college that still interests you so you can add any additional information you receive from them. You may discover that some of the schools you were considering aren’t really good for you. Weed out the brochures of colleges that aren’t a good fit and bring them to your guidance office to share with other students. A personal college file will become an important resource when making your college choice.