- About College Fairs
- College Fair Calendar
- College Fair Visit Tips
At the fair, you'll find out about academic programs, campus activities, financial aid, and admissions requirements and have the opportunity to talk briefly with college representatives.
- Make a point to talk with the college representatives – they want to engage with you and answer your questions.
- Take notes.
- Sign up to be on the mailing lists at colleges that interest you.
- Pick up brochures from colleges that interest you and take them home to review.
- Attend information sessions, if available.
Be sure to go to the fair prepared to maximize your time. Bring paper and pen to take notes, and a list of questions.
Some questions you may want to ask:
- What are the college's strengths?
- What kind of extra academic help is available?
- If you are the first in your family to go to college: do you have any programs for students who are the first in their family to go to college?
- What majors are the most popular?
- What are the admissions requirements?
- What scholarships and financial aid are available?
- What qualities should prospective students have?
- When must I choose a major?
- What is the average student to teacher ratio?
- Is student housing guaranteed all four years?
- How are roommates selected?
- What programs are offered to help students adjust to college life?
- What other student services are offered (tutoring, career counseling, study groups)?
- Please estimate the percentage of grants, scholarships, loans and work-study awarded in your financial aid packages.
- How many freshmen return for their sophomore year?
If you’ve had an in-depth conversation with a college representative, stay in touch. Send a thank you for the time and information you received.
- Campus life
- Academic programs
- Financial aid
- Admissions requirements
Visit the HESC booth to get the latest financial aid information and answers to your questions.
Check with your school counselor or college advisor about a fair near you.
|Jan 11, 2020||Riverbank State Park College Fair||10am-4pm||Riverbank State Park
West 145th Street
New York, NY 10031
|Jan 29, 2020||Cohoes High School's College and Career Exploration Night||2pm-3:30pm||Cohoes High School
1 Tiger Circle
Cohoes, NY 12047
|Feb 28, 2020||Bronx UFT Annual College Fair||9:30am-2:30pm||Bronx UFT Office
2500 Halsey Street
Bronx, NY 10461
|Mar 15, 2020 &
Mar 16, 2020
|NACAC College Fair - Rochester||3/15 - 1pm-3pm
3/16 - 9am-11:30am
|Rochester Riverside Convention Center
123 East Main Street
Rochester, NY 14604
|Mar 16, 2020||Equality Charter High School's College and Career Fair||Mar 16, 2020||Equality Charter High School
2411 Seward Avenue
Bronx, NY 10473
|Mar 16, 2020 &
Mar 17, 2020
|NACAC College Fair - Syracuse||3/16 - 5pm-7pm
3/17 - 9am-11:30am
|Onondaga Community College
4585 West Seneca Turnpike
Syracuse, NY 13215
|Mar 17, 2020||CDCA Regional College Fair - HVCC||9am-11:30am &
|Hudson Valley Community College
Edward F. McDonough Recreation Center
80 Vandenburgh Ave
Troy, NY 12180
|Mar 17, 2020||Penn/York College Night||6pm-8pm||St. Bonaventure University
3261 West State Road
St. Bonaventure, NY 14778
|Mar 18, 2020 &
Mar 19, 2020
|NACAC College Fair -
|3/18 - 9am-12pm & 6pm-8:30pm
3/19 - 9am-12pm
|Buffalo Niagara Convention Center
153 Franklin Street
Buffalo, NY 14202
|Mar 26, 2020||CASDA College Fair - Newburgh||6:30pm-8pm||Newburgh Free Academy
301 Robinson Avenue
Newburgh, NY 12550
|Mar 26, 2020||Plainview Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School College Night||7pm-9pm||Plainview Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School
50 Kennedy Drive
Plainview, NY 11803
|Mar 29, 2020||Engineering Expo & College Fair||11am-3pm||White Plains High School
550 North Street
White Plains, NY 10605
|Mar 29, 2020||SUNY College Fair - Albany||1pm-3:30pm||University at Albany
1400 Washington Ave
Albany, NY 12222
|Mar 30, 2020||CASDA College Fair - Bethlehem||6:30pm-8pm||Bethlehem High School
70 Delaware Avenue
Delmar, NY 12054
|Mar 31, 2020||CASDA College Fair - Green Tech||11:30am-1:15pm||Green Tech High Charter School
321 Northern Blvd
Albany, NY 12202
|Apr 1, 2020||CASDA College Fair - Albany High School||10:15am-11:45am||Albany High School
700 Washington Ave
Albany, NY 12203
|Apr 1, 2020||CASDA College Fair - Colonie||6:30pm-8pm||South Colonie High School
1 Raider Blvd
Albany, NY 12205
|Apr 1, 2020||Herkimer County Counselors Association College Day||TBD||Herkimer County Community College
100 Reservoir Road
Herkimer, NY 13350
|Apr 2, 2020||CASDA College Fair - Stillwater||9am-10:30am||Stillwater High School
1068 Hudson Avenue
Stillwater, NY 12170
|Apr 2, 2020||Delaware County Counselors Association Spring 2020 College and Career Fair||9:30am-11am||SUNY Delhi
Clark Field House
454 Delhi Drive
Delhi, NY 13753
|Apr 2, 2020||CASDA College Fair - Shenendehowa||6:30pm-8pm||Shenendehowa High School East
970 Rte 156
Clifton Park, NY 12540
|Apr 5, 2020||SUNY College Fair - Buffalo||TBD||Buffalo State College
801 Grant Street
Buffalo, NY 14222
|Apr 7, 2020||CASDA College Fair - Hudson||9:30am-11am||Hudson High School
208 Harry Howard Ave
Hudson, NY 12534
|Apr 7, 2020||CASDA College Fair - Guilderland||6:30pm-8pm||Guilderland High School
8 School Road
Guilderland Center, NY 12085
|Apr 8, 2020||CASDA College Fair - Albany Leadership||11:30am-1pm||Albany Leadership Charter School
19 Hackett Blvd
Albany, NY 12208
|Apr 8, 2020||CASDA College Fair - Schenectady||4pm-6pm||Schenectady High School
1445 The Plaza
Schenectady, NY 12308
|Apr 22, 2020||Oswego County Counselors Association College Fair||6:30pm-8:30pm||SUNY Oswego
7060 SR 140
Oswego, NY 13126
|Apr 24, 2020||NYSACAC College Fair||10am-2pm||St. Francis College
180 Remsen Street
Brooklyn Heights, NY 11201-9902
|Apr 26, 2020||NACAC College Fair - NYC||12pm-4pm||Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
655 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
|Apr 26, 2020||SUNY College Fair - Long Island||2pm-5pm||Suffolk County Community College
Michael J. Grant Campus
Health, Sports & Education Center
Crooked Hill Road
Brentwood, NY 11717
|Apr 27, 2020||NYCA College Fair - Arlington||2:20pm-3:45pm & 5pm-6:30pm||Arlington High School
1157 Route 55
LaGrangeville, NY 12540
|Apr 28, 2020||South Westchester Guidance Expo||8:30am-2:30pm||Westchester County Center
198 Central Avenue
White Plains, NY 10606
|Apr 28, 2020||South Westchester College Fair||6:30pm-9pm||Westchester County Center
198 Central Avenue
White Plains, NY 10606
|Apr 29, 2020||PNW BOCES Yorktown Campus - College and Career Fair||8:15am-10:15 &
200 BOCES Drive
Yorktown, NY 10598
|Apr 29, 2020||PNW BOCES
Yorktown Campus College and Career Fair
200 BOCES Drive
Yorktown, NY 10598
|Apr 29, 2020||Northern Westchester College Fair||6pm-9pm||Fox Lane High School
632 South Bedford Road
Bedford, NY 10506
|Apr 30, 2020||Orange County Counselors Association College Fair||6:30pm-8:30pm||Orange County Community College
115 South Street
Middletown, NY 10940
|May 3, 2020||SUNY College Fair - NYC||12:30pm-5pm||The Armory Track & Field Center
216 Fort Washington Avenue
New York, NY 10032
|May 7, 2020||Watkins Glen College and Career Fair||9am-11:30am||Watkins Glen High School
301 12th Street
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
|May 14, 2020||NYSACAC College Fair - Byron Bergen||9:30am-12pm||Byron Bergen High School
6917 West Bergen Road
Bergen, NY 14416
Planning ahead with these seven tips can help you make the most of your time at a college fair:
- Organize before you go. Review a list of the participating colleges, usually available online or at your high school guidance office. Choose those in which you are especially interested. Make another list of secondary colleges to check out if you have time.
- Prepare your questions ahead of time. Review the colleges’ websites and prepare questions you would like to ask. College fairs are fairly crowded and you may not have time to get all of your questions answered, so choose questions not easily found on the schools’ websites.
- Print address labels to bring with you. Save time filling out college interest cards and pre-print labels with your name, address, email address, your high school, when you expect to start college and the major(s) that interest you. Some high school guidance offices provide personal bar codes with this information – check with your school.
- Strategize. When you arrive, pick up a map, if available, so you know the layout of colleges. Some college fairs don't provide a map but organize colleges alphabetically. Target the colleges you want to visit so you don’t waste time backtracking. Bags are often available at the door for collecting brochures.
- Try to arrive early. Early arrival allows you to move at a more leisurely pace. Also, the later you arrive, the more crowded it gets and the less likely the college reps will have as much time to spend with you.
- Review carefully. After the fair, review each college’s materials carefully. If there’s something you really like about the school, highlight it and put a sticky note on the page so you can find it later. If you have a question about something you read, write it down and put it on the top of the pile. If you can’t find the answer in the brochures, check out their website. If you still have questions, send an email to the admissions representative to get more information.
- Stay organized. Once you’ve reviewed everything, create a file for each college that still interests you so you can add any additional information you receive from them. You may discover that some of the schools you were considering aren’t really good for you. Weed out the brochures of colleges that aren’t a good fit and bring them to your guidance office to share with other students. A personal college file will become an important resource when making your college choice.