TAP Award Estimator
Please note: This is are not an application for TAP. It provides estimated awards. Please consult with your Financial Aid officer for TAP information specific to the student. The estimated award is only for full-time undergraduate study.
To be eligible for TAP, a student must:
- Be a United States citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- Be a resident of New York.
- Study full-time undergraduate (at least 12 credits per semester) at an approved postsecondary institution in New York.
- Have graduated from high school in the United States, earned a high school equivalency diploma through Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) formally known as GED, or passed a federally approved "Ability to Benefit" test as defined by the Commissioner of the State Education Department.
- Be matriculated in an approved program of study and be in good academic standing. Have at least a cumulative "C" average as of the 4th semester payment.
- Be charged at least $200 tuition per year.
- Not be in default on any state or federal student loans and not be in default on any repayment of State awards.
- Meet income requirement.
* The TAP Estimator is a tool to illustrate the current formula for TAP awards. It is not a predictor of your individual award and you should not rely on the Estimator in making your individual financial decisions. The Estimator functions based on the current TAP formula in law. It is subject to change.