Explore and discover what you are interested in, what you like to do, what you are good at, and what’s important to you. Assess your interests, abilities, and values. Think about what you're good at and what you love to do. Then, let that guide your choice of colleges.
Start by answering these questions:
- What are my interests? What do I like to do?
- What are my strengths?
- What are my skills? What am I good at?
- What is important to me?
- Do I like to lead?
- Do I like to be part of a team or work independently?
- Do I interact well with other people? Do I like working with people?
- What are my favorite subjects?
- What's important to me?
- What kind of lifestyle do I want? Do I want to travel a lot? Would I mind working weekends, nights, or long hours?
- How would I like to make a contribution to my community?
Then, assess your interests.
There are many assessment tools that will match your skills and interests to careers.
Check some out:
Use the College Planner worksheet to help you discover your interests.