New York State Part-time Scholarship (PTS) Award Program
The New York State Part-time Scholarship Award Program provides scholarship awards to students who attend a SUNY or CUNY Community College part-time and maintain a 2.0 GPA. Students can receive $1,500 per semester for up to two years.
NYS Part-time Scholarship (PTS) Award Program Alert Form
If you would like to be electronically notified when you may apply for the New York State Part-time Scholarship (PTS) Award Program, please enter your email address on alert form below. If you do not wish to register for notifications, you can check for periodic updates at HESC.ny.gov.
PTS Award Program FAQs
- Can I attend any college part-time?
- No. The PTS Award Program provides scholarship awards to students who attend a SUNY or CUNY community college on a part-time basis.
- Do I need to enroll in a minimum number of credits to be eligible?
- An applicant must enroll in at least six but less than 12 credits per semester.
- Do I need to maintain a certain grade point average?
- Yes. An applicant must have and maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
- How much can I receive from the PTS Award Program?
- You can receive up to $1,500 per term through the PTS Award Program.
- Can I get the award if I’m currently attending college?
- Yes. Current students are eligible to receive awards.
- When will I be able to apply for the award?
- It is anticipated that the PTS Award Program application will be available in late summer.
- Can I receive this award if I’m receiving a Part-time TAP award or Aid for Part-time Study?
- Yes. You are eligible for this award even if you are receiving a Part-time TAP award or Aid for Part-time Study.
- How long can I get the award?
- You are eligible to get an award for up to four consecutive semesters.