Pay Your Defaulted FFEL Loan
HESC makes repayment of your defaulted FFEL loan a fast, simple process. You can choose to have loan payments automatically deducted from your checking account through SMARTCHECK, or you can make credit card payments online.
By paying your defaulted loan in full, you’ll receive these benefits:
- National credit bureaus will be updated to show your defaulted loan as paid in full.
- You regain federal student financial aid eligibility.
- Your IRS tax refund will not be seized.
- You’ll realize interest cost savings.
- You may realize collection costs savings.
You can have payments on your defaulted FFEL loan automatically deducted from your checking account through SMARTCHECK. Repaying your loan with SMARTCHECK is fast, convenient and free:
- No checks to write — with your permission, HESC deducts your monthly payment from your checking account.
- Avoid late charges and additional fees.
- Your payments will always be on time.
To sign up for SMARTCHECK, call 866-991-4372.
PO Box 645189
Cincinnati, OH 45264-5189