Online Certification for the Excelsior Scholarship
HESCweb online certification screens for the Excelsior Scholarships are now available. To access the screens:
- Log into Transaction Processing.
- Click on View/Submit Pending Certification.
- Click on View/Submit Pending Excelsior Certification Transactions
- On the next screen, enter your school code (if not prefilled), academic year and term. Click on View Records and you will see a list of the eligible students.
- Click on Details and you will be brought to the Certification page.
- On the Certification page, enter information in all required fields.
Avoid errors by following these tips, which apply to both methods of certification – the electronic certification file process and the HESCweb process:
- Complete all required fields
- Be consistent with the certification codes used for TAP/AIMS and Excelsior
- Do not use decimal points (file method only)
- Submit certification in term order
- Be sure to report current TAP award
- Evaluation Term indicator must be reported
- If certifying student as ADA, enter ADA indicator in subsequent terms
- Submit certifications after the term end date