Loan Disputes

Resolve a Loan Dispute

If you have a dispute or issue with your loan that you have not been able to resolve with your loan holder, contact:

For Federal Loans:

FSA Ombudsman of the Department of Education

U.S. Department of Education
FSA Ombudsman
830 First Street, NE Fourth Floor
Washington, DC 20202-5144

Phone: 1-877-557-2575
Fax: 202-275-0549


For Private Loans:

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
P.O. Box 4503
Iowa City, Iowa 52244 

Phone: (855) 411-CFPB (2372)
TTY/TDD: (855) 729-CFPB (2372)
Fax:  (855) 237-2392

8 a.m.–8 p.m. Eastern



If you don't know who the lender or servicer is and you don't have a coupon book or bill for your loans, there are several ways to find your loan accounts.

Check NSLDS, or access your credit report to see who is reporting outstanding loans in your name. Find out more here about credit reports.



/* Smartling Language Switcher code */