Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE)
The New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) complies with the provisions of New York State Executive Law, Article 15A and the rules and regulations set forth in 5 NYCRR, Part 140 - 144. These policies are intended to promote and encourage participation by minority and women-owned businesses in state contracting opportunities.
- Goal Setting - Establishes a percentage goal for M/WBE participation for all applicable contracts established by HESC. These goals are incorporated in the solicitation for bids and resultant contracts. The prime contractor is required to achieve the defined percentage level of participation by minority or women-owned subcontractors when performing the work. Goal setting takes into account factors such as the type of project and the region in which the work will be performed. Quarterly and annual goals for HESC to achieve across all its applicable procurements are also established.
- Reporting Results – Prepare reports for the Empire State Development Corporation that present HESC’s performance results relative to M/WBE participation goals. Also examine and interpret the data to identify opportunities to improve.
- Compliance Monitoring – Follows up with contractors and vendors to track whether M/WBE participation goals are being met and help address issues.
- Certification Assistance – Responds to questions about the M/WBE certification process and refers businesses to the Empire State Development Corporation, which receives and reviews applications and issues certifications.
For more information select from the topics below:
- Compliance and Reporting Forms
- Utilization Plan Postings
Contract Management Unit
New York State Higher Education Services Corporation
99 Washington Avenue
One Commerce Plaza
Albany, NY 12255